2023 Workshop – “Energy Storage & Reliability for our Renewable Future”-
It’s not easy going green.
Monday October 23 & Tuesday October 24, 2023
La Fonda on the Plaza, 100 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, New Mexico
2022 Topic – 500 Megawatts for 5 Days – Utility Scale Storage – How do we get there?
Energy Storage Workshop hosted by NMRETA
2022 Downloads & Information
2022 NMRETA Energy Storage Workshop - 10/19/22 & 10/20/22 - Santa Fe, NM
The 2022 Energy Storage Workshop was attended by 140 local and national experts with a variety of perspectives.
2022 Speaker presentations are posted below in alphabetic order by last name.
- Abbas Akhil, Energy Storage - The Missing Link in New Mexico's Energy Landscape
- Dan Arvizu, Transitioning to Low Carbon Power Generation: Role of Long-term Storage
- Molly Bales, Form Energy Iron-Air Battery Technology
- Charles Hanley, Energy Storage Grand Challenge
- Christine Harada, FAST-41: Bringing Transparency and Predictability to Federal Permitting
- Jason Marenda, Fast Track Battery Storage Project
- Fernando Martinez, How Can RETA Help Storage Development in New Mexico?
- Ric O'Connell, Storage in National Models
- Nick Phillips, The Role of Storage in New Mexico's Utility Reliability
- Wayne Propst, The Public Regulation Commission's Role in New Mexico Energy Storage Development
- Justin Raade, EPRI Work on Long Duration Energy Storage
- Matthew Shapiro, Sweetwater Pumped Storage: Long-Duration Long-Life Energy Storage for New Mexico's Energy Transition
- G. Loren Toole, New Mexico's Storage Future: A Possible 2030 Scenario
- Mark Wanamaker, GridStar Flow Demonstration Project at Fort Carson Army Base